Sunday, February 21, 2010

Reflection

After these first weeks of class I have found myself gradually gaining back my skills that seemed to be sub-par. For me, my interest has been growing at an exponential rate, but I feel as though my drawing progress has not stayed level with my interest. I do truly believe in the process and procedure that accompanies the class and the drawing methods. Deconstructing the human body is essential for a real understanding. I am a curious person by nature and I always want to know how a thing or object works along with all of its components that make it function properly. By building the model it captivates my attention, not only when I am building it but also when I move and/or exercise. I believe that understanding the human body can make so many other areas of life seem simple, meaning that concepts of human development and function are very sophisticated. A body is relatable to other areas of life as well, such as an organization. A human body in most cases is the perfect organized unit. The body contains so many different systems that work in perfect unison with little wasted space. This is incredible to me and asks me the question of how can something work so perfectly without conscious considered concentrated thought. So to me these past few weeks have made sense about education and art. The basis of a society should be understood; I mean, others and I should understand ourselves (human form) first of all. To draw a human body is the most challenging subject in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment